Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
for the next time a libtard tells us that we all have blood on our hands due to our violent rhetoric:

http://boards.fool.com/note-to-the-tea-party-this-is-how-you...

Don't FA it! Sure, it's a bona-fide violent threat towards those of a political persuasion the poster disagrees with but I'd rather have it saved for posterity. In fact I'll be taking a screen capture of it before it can be yanked just in case...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
for the next time a libtard tells us that we all have blood on our hands due to our violent rhetoric:

http://boards.fool.com/note-to-the-tea-party-this-is-how-you......

Don't FA it! Sure, it's a bona-fide violent threat towards those of a political persuasion the poster disagrees with but I'd rather have it saved for posterity. In fact I'll be taking a screen capture of it before it can be yanked just in case...

Colovion

Colovion,

Lookie what happened to this fine specimen of womanhood. She got her self laid off. I never heard of this poster until you linked to her nasty post, but a job loss could have not happened to a nicer person. Karma is a b!tch.

Mike, who is one of the people she would want to shoot. F' her.

Well, the day I've both longed for and dreaded has finally come. After 24 years with the same company - I got laid off. After two years of dealing with the most abusive boss I've ever had (and I've had over a dozen bosses I could compare him to, ThankYouVeryMuch) I have left the building. Me and about 40 other folks. All of us very senior in experience. Even my previous manager!

But good news is I got six months' pay as severance, due to my longevity.

I'm relieved, and a little bit scared. Strange to not be going to that place, my first post-college job. Happy not to be working for that @sshat anymore. Been home about a month, and up until now I've been too busy doing "stuff" to really notice. Money isn't an issue, thanks to decades of a LBYM lifestyle and a husband who is still employed. We've got a year's e-fund stashed even if neither of us was working. Here's the rainy day! But it's just the feeling that I SHOULD be working. I've always worked. Looking back, I've either been in school or working, or both, since I was 5...and now I'm 48. Long time. I got this job offer the week before finals at college, and moved 700 miles the weekend after my last exam...

Actually I'm taking two masters-level classes I started before the layoff, though, so that record still holds if I get another job before Christmas.

I've been a software engineer this whole time. I'm a little worried about diving back in. The new college hires (some of whom I recently trained to replace me) are up on all the new languages. This job you've got to learn a new language about every six months. Part of me wonders if I even WANT to be a software engineer anymore, but it's all I've ever done. Tired of code, though. Maybe I'll feel different after a little more time off.

Wondering if I could use my FOOL talents to become a financial adviser. Wondering if I should have bought more than the one rental. Wondering how to work in a way that brings in good income without the worry of another jerk of a boss being in control of my life. Wondering if I should do the mid-life career change, but into what? Glad I saved and saved all those years instead of frittering it away on trinkets.

Unemployed math major who spent the last two decades being a code monkey looking for life-change advice...I even bought a copy of that "what color is your parachute" book. Just haven't had time to read it yet.

Strange days, indeed.

Anyone else here with a layoff story?

SG

PS - I also got a cat. JUST ONE. No, I'm not a crazy cat-lady... yet. He's a pain in the patooka but it's good thing. Pets are good.

Colovion

Indeed. Don't FA this post. It needs to be saved and spread around. We should place that post into out board's FAQ to warn people how nasty the left is.

Mike
Wondering if I could use my FOOL talents to become a financial adviser.

<g>
No. of Recommendations: 4
Wondering if I could use my FOOL talents to become a financial adviser.

Heck, I think I read jerryab claim to be a turnaround expert for businesses

Based on that sampling, you could use your Fool talent to become a nuclear surgeon
Karma is a b!tch.

Signs point to yes, though I'm not going to bag on someone for losing a job in the 0bama economy (though the idiocy of said person wholeheartedly supporting 0bama is fair game I suppose). I wouldn't wish a job loss on anyone who didn't richly deserve it (such as Eric Holder or, of course, 0bama himself) but people getting what they voted for is rather karmic.