Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 12
Just some small comments since I was heavily into Zumba Fitness for the past 10 years.

-- It's not just the holiday season that is a tailwind for Peloton, the New Year's Resolutioners should be good for heightened interest throughout January and February. In my work in fitness centers, they start to clear out around here in May, when the weather gets nice (in normal times). As I live in the Northern states, winter hibernation + Covid concerns should be a push for quite a while. Hopefully they can keep up supply.

-- Apparel is a good possibility. I have seen Zumbawear explode over the past 10 years. If you want to be a part of a tribe, you want to identify and look the part. It was easy for Zumba to sell out of $70 pants and $30 tank tops. It has become a big add on to that business an I am not surprised that Peloton is seeing success in this area.

-- Instructors do become like stars, but there is no shortage of talented people out there. I've seen over the years that some instructors come and go, and there are newer (and younger) up and comers, as well as international instructors who joined the Zumba field as time went on. Peloton should have no problems having a very high quality team, but also, any competitors will also be able to find talented people. So it's more about the style, the attitude, the culture, etc. etc. etc. that will differentiate the brand experience. Zumba has very high standards for people who represent their company and their way of doing things and I' sure Peloton will be similar.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.