Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Just thought - looking for a place to be...

I listen to podcasts, weekdays as I walk & go to the gym.. Still no updated radio in my 06 F150 so I could listen there, but I have a unit picked out, just other priorities for now..

Anyway, there are many, many out there, I focussed on Macs for a while, Leo LaPort's TWIX series, but also Fine Woodworking & Homebuilding, Masterpiece shows, TED Talks, StarTalk, The Root of Evil covered an old murder mystery the Black Dahlia story, and lately another murder mystery, The Ballad of Billy Balls... These last two are a tad 'graphic' in spots, but real life, true stories.

Amazing what we can carry about in or shirt pocket...

Yes, isn’t it just? I listen to podcasts in the car, on my (infrequent) runs, when I’m cooking dinner and when I’m working from home. Many of my podcasts are from the BBC (Kermode and Mayo Film Review, More or Less, Open Country, Ramblings, Friday Night Comedy, Fit & Fearless, Political Thinking With Nick Robinson, Moneybox, etc), others come from the Australian Broadcasting Company (The Economists, The Money, Trace, Unravel, All in the Mind, God Forbid), some are American (mainly Freakanomics Radio), while some are from CBC (Uncover, Somebody Knows Something).

As of this afternoon, my podcast queue is down to 330. It high-pointed last week at 362 and I’m desperately trying to get it down further, since they’re eating up 23GB of data storage on my phone.

- Pam
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.