Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 21
Just to highlight the stock volume on the US OTC exchange for BPRMF.

Scanning back over the past year, prior to Ethan/Chris bringing it to the board and starting the discussion/analysis here on Mon, 7/13, the volume would typically be between 1000 and 10,000 shares/day with spikes toward 20K maybe once/week on average, and now and again up to maybe 40K on a random day.

That all changed on July 10th (last Fri), when volume went up by an order of magnitude to 143,000 shares (Ethan? 😉), and has been above that since, to today, where it's already at 250,000 not even 2 hours into the trading day. Here's a table of the volume for the last 10 trading days for BPRMF.

Date Volume
Jul 16, 2020 251,250
Jul 15, 2020 126,389
Jul 14, 2020 124,440
Jul 13, 2020 183,334
Jul 10, 2020 143,490
Jul 09, 2020 31,363
Jul 08, 2020 24,588
Jul 07, 2020 4,580
Jul 06, 2020 5,548
Jul 02, 2020 2,603

That's a 100-fold increase! I assume this spike might also draw attention to this stock from some momentum traders that look for that kind of thing.

The share price has bounced around during those 10 days, basically between $14 and $16, but not consistently up or down, for instance, up yesterday, down today (so far). Will be curious to see if volume stays high and if so, for how long. If this volume spike was caused by this board's members buying in to BPRMF, I would have thought the price would have mostly spiked up during this time, but not the case, so I'm not sure what to make of that. Maybe someone with more experience analyzing smaller companies and how they react to large trading volume increases may be able to shed some light on this. Maybe because the number of shares traded here are a small portion of the shares trading on the London exchange (PRSM)?

Anyway, I thought it interesting, hopefully others do, too, if not just a warning that if you thought other stocks we hold can be volatile, Blue Prism may show us what real volatility can be. If you've bought in here, hopefully you have a strong stomach and risk tolerance, I could see this one moving 10% or more up or down every day.

Disclosure: I have a 1-2% BPRMF position currently.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.