No. of Recommendations: 3
Just to jump in with some simple math...

Twilio has a market cap of 13.8 billion. If we assume 800 million in revenue for 2018 (including sendgrid) and a 35% annualized 5 year growth rate, we get revenue at 3.587 billion at the end of 2023. Attach an 8x multiplier to that and you get a market cap of 28,697. That's a shave under 16% annualized CAGR for five years.

So is one to be happy with that performance? It may seem unimpressive after seeing names double and triple, but it still beats the hell out of an index fund. Time the entries right and you could do even better. Not to mention the company could outperform the numbers I used in my simple calculation and/or continue to have a high multiple attached. Things could go the other way too, but I think that is less likely.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.