Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Just to throw my two cents in:

Mac vs. PC: Mac users are very loyal to their brand and sales for Apple are usually people that want to upgrade. The iMac did bring a few more converts, but still their market share is 10-15%. However, artistic people (not sure if this would include publishers) do like Apple.

MS Works is by far the most popular word processing software, but not by choice. Most PCs come with it when bought. MS Word is the word processor of choice. One problem. Even though Works and Word are both Microsoft products, neither of them will convert the other's text well. The resulting document will print the formatting codes it didn't process.

Acrobat Reader 6.0 is actually set up for ebooks now. Not sure if 5.0 had the option or not. I agree with Chapman that PDF files can easily be converted to most formats.

I, myself, still use WordPerfect. I'm trying to switch to Word, but I know WordPerfect inside and out. But from there, I can convert to whatever format they want it. Still wish WordPerfect 4.2 would work on my system. The macros were so easy to make.

Okay, maybe a couple more cents than I thought.

Apathy4All
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.