Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Just wild speculation here...

Does the 2010 Fusion have brake-actuated stability control? Could this system be acting up, stabbing the brakes on one corner for a split second? This is what popped into my mind when you said the traction control indicator lit up on the dash.

xtn
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
... the car lurched to one side ... had the car in to have two broken... struts? ... it really felt like the whole car kind of bent in a weird way when it happened.

This is a wild guess from minimal evidence, but lots of wrenching and driving experience. I think that when the struts were replaced, some of the suspension bolts were not tightened, or the reassembly had some other major error. When the car cornered hard enough to move a loose joint, that caused the lurch.

The inaction of the dealer is just playing silly games. Go get your car and take it to an alignment shop. They will find and fix the problem in about 30 minutes.

------

On an entirely separate note, I have serious concerns about owning a hybrid car past its warranty period. Hybrids have a gas propulsion system, an electric propulsion system, and all of the interfaces between them that can go wrong.

Neil
No. of Recommendations: 0
Just wild speculation here...

Does the 2010 Fusion have brake-actuated stability control? Could this system be acting up, stabbing the brakes on one corner for a split second? This is what popped into my mind when you said the traction control indicator lit up on the dash.

xtn