Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
7 minutes ago

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Justice Department has approved Sirius Satellite Radio's $5 billion buyout of rival XM Satellite Radio.

The merger was approved despite opposition from consumer groups and an intense lobbying campaign by the land-based radio industry.

Regulators said the merger is not likely to substantially hurt competition or consumers

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5gpcaW34bTLs1hXU9zx16zSXEHrCQD8VJVPPG2

I just got a string of alerts, going up through $3.25, $3.50, 3.75
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Pardon, but I just have to say Woohoo!!!

Eat it, NAB. Eat it with a spoon.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Go baby!!!
I had a funky hunch and bought a bunch more this morning...OH happy days!!
Panzer, I did the same thing. I may even buy more tomorrow. Any thoughts as to how high this will go? We're still waiting on one more approval.
I now have this question. Which stock do I plan on buying and how does the outlook look for the future of a combined satellite radio provider?
Hogue I hope a LOT. What a revelation huh? Ive been devouring everything on the net tonight (and everyday for that matter) and its all conjecture at this point as to how much it will go up. Most pundits are saying that with DOJ approval the FCC approval is pretty much a done deal. Nothing has been regular about this whole deal so i will believe it when i see it!

Oh and i'm SOOOOO buying more tomorrow as well!!

I got a fever...and the only prescription is more SIRI baby!!
Hey Panzer,

I'm seriously asking this question, though it sounds like most of ya'll on here already understand how this works. I'M A LITTLE NEW to trading. Not only in the SIRI acquisition of XM, but in all these other buyouts, buyunders, acquisitions, and takeovers, WHO is the winner? Which of the stocks is the REAL winner? Is the buyer, or the buyee, if you will? Any way to lose your investment? What about in a takeover? What's a buyunder. I'm all set for more buying on SIRI tomorrow, but I sure hope I can learn more before then. Thanks if you can help?!?

Steele
KSteele,
Im no expert at all! Ive just been buying SIRI for so long I cant stop. Once the merger is done XM is gone all together. I cant really speak for what would be better now because all I have is SIRI.
Long term SIRI will be the money IMHO.
A lot of people on here have predicted growth up into the $12.00 dollar range for SIRI but im a tad skeptical on that.

Either way opportunities are gonna be there to see some growth on your SIRI investment.

How much??

That is the question!
No. of Recommendations: 1
WHO is the winner?

Both.

Upon the consummation of the merger, all XMSR shares will convert to 4.6 shares of SIRI.

So, if you have 1000 shares of XMSR today and sat on it, the next time you checked it would have magically turned into 4600 shares of SIRI.

SO, either stock is a valid investment -- XMSR isn't going to become worthless or anything like that; far from it. Since there is still a "spread" between XMSR's current price ($13.43) and theoretical price ($14.03 = $3.05 x 4.6), you can make a better investment by buying XMSR at this point.

But be careful -- nothing is for certain, and at this point XM's prospects look pretty bleak without a merger. If, for some reason, the FCC kills the deal, SIRI will suffer, but XMSR will probably drop like a rock.

Oh, and another thing ... don't pay any attention to any price targets you might have heard for EITHER stock post-merger.

Good luck.

MV
good assessment. but why is siri dropping like a rock?
Profit taking? It's only down $0.06 for the day.
Downgrade by GS.