Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
During 2004 I liquidated a holding in a publicly held limited partnership (very small holdings).

The general partner supplied the income tax information (K1 - form 1065) to assist in preparing the the 2004 tax return. The general partner does not report the amount paid to buy back the units held by me. The forms do show that the ending capital account is "0". I may add that this was not a profitable investment held for 10 years.

My question - where do I report the amount received for the units bought back by the General Partner who closed the partnership.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.