Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
kaliban: "Thanks JAFO, It is legal for any accredited investor or institution to purchase the stock and I know of several shareholders that have purchased their stock in this company using their Roth trust. However, the particular trustee that I'm aware of in connection with those shareholders no longer deals with IRA's.

Does anyone know of a trustee that would handle such a transaction?"

WRT to the last question, no.

Your welcome. Securites law is not my forte, but if it "legal for any accredited investor or institution to purchase the stock", then it sounds like it is publicly registered. My limited knowledge of private placements and other registration exemptions suggest that "accredited investor" is a term of art and that there are limits to the number of offerees, BWDIK.

To whom did those shareholders move their IRAs after that trustee stoped dealing in IRAs? You might ask your broker, if his/her company would do this and if not, could he/she make a recommendation.

Regards, JAFO
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.