Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
No. of Recommendations: 0
Karel,

Sorry, I don't remember which model I used. I have developed a couple of momentum models. This came out strong on one of them.

I am now looking for a stock screener to do some back testing on my model. I would like to back test at least 2 years. I would need closing prices, EPS, Price apprecipation, sales growth plus a few other numbers that should be available.

I used to use marketguide and they had available a datafile each evening that one could download. This was a terrfic tool for me as a student. However, they have since decided to make information available only on-line. Once you have screens developed you can download the results in spreadsheet format. But I would like to use the screens based on prior days prices.

Do you know of a site capable of screening for stocks based on say Feb 4 2000?

And what about them Patriots? I know very little about football and if I were to place a bet, it would not have been on the Patriots. But I do like rooting for the underdogs, if for no other reason then to create a stir amongst the crowd.

Beth

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.