Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Karen writes: "Hey Gary, I mean that there's a LOT of content that flows through the public board, and you have to sort it out. A paid service has more structure and advice for a member to follow. So it's like a DIY project vs. hiring a professional to do your remodeling project. Is that a decent analogy? Karen

Do whatever floats your boat!"

I agree with your statement on content flowing through Saul's board. Kind of like what it used to be in Pro from members, more of a community feel there vs. what the analysts have to say here. We've lost so many Pro members (either leaving the service or simply not posting much anymore), that I feel we've lost much of the community feel that exists on Saul's board (and a few other public boards).

Interestingly, I have a subscription to Stock Advisor and get a nice community feel from that service (I spend significant time on the options board there). I also find that Rule Breakers is helpful and I'm reading a lot from Bert Hochfeld these days. I may be experiencing a bit of a paradigm shift, but I'm very reluctant to chuck my Pro portfolio as our, analysts here communicate well and have served us well. That said, I now have a Saul/NPI portfolio, too.

I could go on, but that's probably enough for now.

Gary
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.