Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Kathleen, your child may not have had a peer-approved phone, but I'm betting the child's portfolio had some Apple stock...better to buy them stock as opposed to other kinds of presents, especially at very young ages, I always say. I wish some brokerage companies would offer gift cards, especially in this new time of $0 commission (which is awesome)…

Actually, child has both now. Both kids are in college, so at this point, both are well-equipped.

On the careful note, we have a friend that we would give our leftovers to for a long time. The last time, I took the hit of not trading the phone in and getting the cut on the price just so she could have a decent phone. Less than a month later, she had literally destroyed the phone. At that point, I simply my left overs would go elsewhere from now on. I was annoyed, but I thought my kids were going to read her the riot act. They were not pleased that she had literally shattered the phone in less than a month. Even if I considered giving her any more leftovers, the kids would kill me.

Kathleen
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.