Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Kathy:

Count the stores! Only 106 Urban Outfitters in the USA. Saturation is probably around 600-800 stores.

Urban Outfitters, Inc., a lifestyle specialty retail company, operates specialty retail stores under Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, and Terrain brands. Its retail stores offer fashion apparel, footwear, accessories, gifts and decorative items, furniture, books, candles and novelties, pillows and shower curtains, rugs, lighting and antiques, table top items, and bedding products. As of January 31, 2008, the company operated 122 Urban Outfitters stores of which 106 are located in the United States, 4 in Canada, and 12 in Europe; 108 Anthropologie stores; and 15 Free People stores. It also offers its products through online channels and catalogs. The company operates the Web sites urbanoutfitters.com, urbanoutfitters.co.uk, anthropologie.com, and freepeople.com. In addition, Urban Outfitters engages in the design, development, and wholesale distribution of young women's casual apparel, including tops, bottoms, sweaters, and dresses through approximately 1,700 department and specialty stores. The company was founded in 1970 and is based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/pr?s=URBN

The price is well beaten down to a P/E of around 12. I was happy buying at twice that back in November '03.

Good to hear the kids like it so well!

The True Religion jeans are outrageously expensive and I don't think they allow the retail stores to mark them down all that much. They are trying very hard to maintain that expensive image. True Religion is for people who are willing to spend a lot of money to "make their butts look good."

I'm with you, $35 jeans are the ticket for me. :)

Denny Schlesinger
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.