Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Keep in mind that the company does not have to repurchase the additional 1 million shares. They are just making sure the paper work has been taken care of in advance so they can, should the opportunity arise.

If the company considers the stock pricey, the company is not required to repurchase it, in fact they should not if the intent is to work in the best interest of the owners. If and when the company considers the stock undervalued is the only time they should be purchasing shares; otherwise, just increase the dividend please, or better yet, I really do enjoy those extra large, one-time dividends.

Now, if the company is aware of some reason why the opportunity should arise soon and the general public is not aware of it, well then, we have a problem...actually two. The first being the situation (probably and hopefully short term) and second, a management integrity issue that would drive some owners (myself included) from the company. Of course, that is pure speculation with no merit and not something in which I personally believe.

The sudden drop at 1:00 EST does look highly suspicious. Does the fact that the drop coincided with the announcement mean anything? Probably, but I have no idea of what, and will have to wait until the quarterly report is released for greater unstanding...if any is to be gained.

tim (who is sitting on a double, barely, even after today)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.