No. of Recommendations: 0
Keep in mind that you don't have to convert the whole IRA. You can convert part of it to a Roth. By appropriate use of beneficiaries it is possible to leave a fair bit to your children with long MRDs to their benefit. We just did this with the help of a financial planner who seemed to know all the correct moves for us. It is the "stretch IRA" concept. I checked everything in the Nolo Press Book on Getting your money out. It doesn't talk about the stretch concept although all the moves are in there, just scattered about.
Good luck.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.