Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
keep the faith. the fury will burn as fire soon.

fredinseoul

Ya, you have to just keep on going and not get down about a bad year. Also, don't let your FIRE projection be an immutable goal. Otherwise, you will get depressed if you are behind. It's a goal. But as we all know, it's not like the goal of paying down a loan, which is more finite. FIRE depends on so many things. You just keep on your path and eventually you get there. Take each day at a time and enjoy the journey.

I have experienced wide swings this year in my portfolio since about 80% is invested in individual stocks. I hit a few homeruns in the spring, making me feel invincible in this down market. Then I had a string of losses after July 4th that wiped out my homerun gains. So I'm down now for the year. But it's a marathon, not the 100 meters. No sense in letting it get to you.

decath
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.