Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Back in the good old days before we met, my wife, self-employed, opened a Keogh account with Fidelity. She's accumulated about $112K over the years. She's still self-employed, as am I, but in a much less lucrative field. I've recently converted her to Fooldom (it was easy -- I just locked her in the bedroom with The Unemotional Investor) and we have the following dilemma. We'd like to use the money now invested with Fidelity, in mutual funds, to invest in a more Foolish manner (we're thinking specifically about the Foolish Four.) Is it possible to do so while keeping the money in a Keogh account, or is converting to another savings vehicle -- SEP or IRA Roth, for example -- necessary?

We're babes in the woods when it comes to this stuff, so any and all information will be much appreciated.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.