Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I currently have both a Money Purchase Pension Plan and Profit Sharing Plan with Vanguard as the trustee. I would like to set up a second Profit Sharing Plan with a discount broker so that I can purchase individual securities, without necessarily transferring everything I have in the Vanguard plan. It seems to me that I should be able to do this as the annual contribution to my current plan is not a fixed percentage. I am currently contributing 10% to the MPPP and 15% of income to the PSP. I've gotten different advice from various sources and would like some assurance that I can do this. Has anyone out there done this? Is it legal? If so, can I roll over or transfer part of the Vanguard PSP money into the new plan? Thanks in advance.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.