No. of Recommendations: 23
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/2/14/130318.shtml

When Democratic presidential front-runner John Kerry teamed up with 'Hanoi' Jane Fonda and actor Donald Sutherland for a September 1970 anti-Vietnam War protest at Valley Forge, Pa., he was joining the same cast that Fonda had assembled earlier that year for her "F*** the Army" tour – a kind of reverse USO tour designed to undermine the morale of U.S. soldiers fighting in the jungles of Southeast Asia.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 9
Everybody in the Navy says that!
No. of Recommendations: 4
So did everybody int the Army when I was in.

FTA
No. of Recommendations: 3
Reminds me of that jeep driver in the end of the movie MASH. He's sitting there saying "this fecking army!".

Reminds me of, well, the Army!

FTA, indeed.
No. of Recommendations: 0
> So did everybody int the Army when I was in.

Poor jiml. He will never understand the GI. ;-)
No. of Recommendations: 165
a kind of reverse USO tour designed to undermine the morale of U.S. soldiers fighting in the jungles of Southeast Asia.

Lets get something straight right here and now. By 1970 there wasn't any morale to undermine. Every grunt who humped a ruck knew that they were just calling forth the abyss. This was madness, it was 400 body bags a week. You could have called a mass formation of every man there and asked who wanted to leave right now and there would have been the greatest mass exodus since the Irish potato famine. Even the West Point ring knockers would have had sense to leave.

Let me tell you something buddy, that place was a first rate meat grinder, fought for the most part by blacks ,hispanics and poor whites who didn't know how to get out of the way of a geopolitical train wreck.
Bring the troops home, damn straight.
FTA

Scott McAleer (SSG)
Bco, 1st Bn, 16Inf
Lai Khe, RVN
No. of Recommendations: 2
"George W Bush and his failed policy for capturing oilfields says F**** the troops:"

Heavy fighting has erupted around Fallujah, with eight US marines killed and nine others injured yesterday in the bloodiest attack on US forces for seven months, while inside the besieged town intensive American artillery fire and air strikes led to the deaths of half a dozen people.

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/middle_east/story.jsp?story=577795

No. of Recommendations: 10
aniesdad, thank you for your rational comments and for your service.

Wessex
No. of Recommendations: 1
Lets get something straight right here and now. By 1970 there wasn't any morale to undermine. Every grunt who humped a ruck knew that they were just calling forth the abyss. This was madness, it was 400 body bags a week. You could have called a mass formation of every man there and asked who wanted to leave right now and there would have been the greatest mass exodus since the Irish potato famine. Even the West Point ring knockers would have had sense to leave.

Let me tell you something buddy, that place was a first rate meat grinder, fought for the most part by blacks ,hispanics and poor whites who didn't know how to get out of the way of a geopolitical train wreck.
Bring the troops home, damn straight.
FTA

Scott
Nice post
Just curious.... Why did you go?
Knowing then what you know now, would you have gone?
Any brief comments you care to share on Westmoreland or Johnson?
Finally, any advice for those in Iraq right now?

Thanks
Mish
No. of Recommendations: 6
Scott,

58,245 dead Americans and 6 of those were very close friends of mine. I agree with your post 100%. Oh! should I mention the millions of Vietnamese killed and for what? Rice fields bombed and innocent children physically and psychologically injured for "LIFE" Yeap! a huge mistake for sure and any idiot that thinks otherwise just ask a person that has been there not dumbo or chickenhawk Cheney

Vietnam was a huge "MISTAKE" and good for you for sharing that information with all of us. Kerry is by far a hellva lot more qualified to comment on Vietnam over AWOL DUBYA and deferment King Chickenhawk politically connected Cheney!
No. of Recommendations: 1
Vote for Kerry and Jane Fonda !!!!

Jane, John, and Little John !!1

A vote for these losers is a vote for doom.

W FOREVER !!!

am4u