No. of Recommendations: 14
The message you're trying to access has been removed from the boards. The most likely reason for this is that the message violated our Fool's Rules about appropriate content. Either that or it was swallowed up by intergalactic space beasts from the planet Xeenu.

Please check out The Motley Fool's Terms and Conditions of Service.

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 12
As long as so many people in both the Bush and Kerry camps keep harping on the events of 35 years ago--and yes, they were important, but let's set some priorities here--it prevents discussion of what matters now: national/homeland security, terrorism, employment, health insurance. With the election now less than 6 weeks away, I want these topics addressed.

I for one want to hear from both candidates what they plan to do about securing our nation's still-porous borders and harbors. I want to know why Osama bin Laden is still at large and what is being done to capture him. I want to know what each candidate plans to do to clean up the mess in Iraq, and so far I have heard more about this from Kerry than I have from Bush, and Bush is the one who started it.

As somebody who in June was let go from my job of 14 years (and due to my hard work, started my next job six weeks later), I am concerned about the economy and the fact that big layoffs continue: what do the candidates plan to do to improve the job market and the nation's economy? How do they plan to reduce the nation's poverty rate, which is still far too high?

Let's start talking about the issues and stop this juvenile bickering over Vietnam.

Terry
No. of Recommendations: 0
ignore at your own peril

http://www.vvaw.org/

gnos
No. of Recommendations: 1
tlbate says:

"I for one want to hear from both candidates what they plan to do about securing our nation's still-porous borders and harbors ... and so far I have heard more about this from Kerry than I have from Bush"

Oh really? Please tell us what you've heard so far from Kerry about securing our porous borders. I thought that he, like Kucinich, being interested in pandering to the Latino vote, would favor the most porous borders of all, namely completely open borders.