Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Kevin,

I am just waking up so forgive me if my thoughts are cloudy.When I first started going to my doctor, I would have her stick me instead of sticking myself. There is something very unnatural about causing yourself to bleed. I have four tattoos and still fell strangely about drawing blood. I usually just hold the needle next to my skin for a moment and then push it in. You can also count down: 3,2,1, inject.I looked at it as something I am going to have to do, so why beat around the bush. I made myself do it. The first time I used a lancette,I stuck myself over a dozen times trying to draw enough blood for a sample.Believe me, you will get used to needles. There really is not choice.Just tell yourself you have to do it. I am sure there have been more challenging things you have overcome in your life.Think of it that way.Better yet, is one short moment of discomfort worth your life? I'll bet it is.Good luck, J.P.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.