Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Kid, I'm with you today on the April 4s and just bought some today. I think there is a strong likelihood that we will get a pretty good pop after the Special Committee approves the go-private offer. As the stock goes down, they will have more justification to accept the offer. Also it leaves the door open to arbitragers who could buy in around this price just for the quick 35% gain. They may vote yes on the buyout if they just want the arbitrage.

This stock dip is pretty typical in the RTO go-private deals. The stock pops after the announcement and then lingers for a while, slowly drifting down. Then once the Special Committee accepts the offer, the stock moves closer to the go-private offer. CMM had a pop, but WWIN’s was a little more gradual. See http://boards.fool.com/i-talked-a-little-bit-about-cmm-but-h...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.