No. of Recommendations: 3
kidchicago2,

I don't have that information right off-hand. I do recall that we were down about 50% at the worst of the market bottom, around Feb '09. The portfolio is now positive with a 2.3% gain so I can say the portfolio has doubled since then, but I think a lot of us have doubled, or better, since then.

I think the tragedy is not so much the money lost in SPY, but the money that wasn't, then, available when it would have been most useful.

Ron Gross is a pretty straight-shooter so as soon as you are able to access MDP, if you ask him the portfolio's returns since he took over, I wouldn't be too surprised if he had that information and would be willing to let you know. If he does not have that information handy, I am a huge spreadsheet geek and will see if I can throw a TWIRR spreadsheet together to find the value of the MDP when Ron was introduced.

I really hope all the GG Fools will give the MDP an honest shot, I am really excited with the progression the service has been on and I think the future is very bright for that portfolio.

Cheers,
Jeremy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.