Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0

Hi all,

I have been casually following KIND as I thought it may have the potential for superior returns if they succeeded in emerging from bankruptcy.

Now I see that the stock has crashed due to the shock of under provisioning for liability claims in Florida to the tune of $55M, plus a class action has also been launched on behalf of stockholders.

The class action will take years to resolve and will be diffcult to prove. As for understating reserves and the rest of the numbers, I don't know as I am familar enough with company management.

But the company intends to divest the Florida operations. What proportion of the company these assets represent I am not aware of as yet.

The finacials as they are, are passable and the stock is worth more than the current valuation.

Could this be a foolish investment?
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.