Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I think I've asked some questions re. buying a Kindle Paperweight before, however, don't remember where and who I asked (this seems like a logical place to ask) so here goes:

DH wants to buy me a Kindle Paperweight because he thinks its a PITA for me to go to the local Library. I, actually, don't mind it and have always like holding a book, a real book in my hands however:

These are some of my questions:

I do have Amazon Prime. They show Kindle paperweights from $129 - $249 depending upon the bells and whistles. I wouldn't think I would need more than 8gb of storage. Do I want one "with offers - that means ads, right?" Would like to avoid commercials/ads if possible, especially if they are intruding or annoying....

do I have to pay for Kindle unlimited? OR don't I need that? I don't want to pay a monthly fee (subscription) for any more devices, I find it annoying.Can't I just download a book from Amazon Prime for free or do they charge for most recent, up-to-date books? If so, charge is probably minimal right?

Local library here does show they have downloads for Kindles and other e-books - I guess those would be free since I do have a library card. that's probably what I would do, since I'm rather cheap (only about small things....lol).

they can be recharged with provided charging device and provided cable, right?

I see the paperweight for $129 is supposed to be waterproof and non-glare....Is that a fact?

If I read a book and then delete it, it doesn't use up my storage????

Just fyi, I have a MacBok Pro and iPhone (if that impacts anything)

There probably are other questions I should ask but don't know enough to ask yet.....

thanks for any advice/opinions....
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.