Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Our's which is about 20 years old, has a wand you can move around.....now the darn thing is leaking like crazy, DH replaced washers etc....and Moen is replacing the wand portion (they're very good about this).

The sink itself is white Corian as is the entire kitchen counter - all one solid piece, so if we had to replace the sink we would have to replace that entire counter....and all the rest of the counters so that would be a major kitchen renovation which we don't plan to do. Ugh!

If we have to replace the entire faucet (assuming that the replacement wand from Moen doesn't do the job, my thoughts are that any new faucet (the whole faucet) would have to be white just like the sink. However, DH is researching faucets and there are a few faucets which are stainless steel and the sinks are white. Has anyone seen/used or have a different color faucet with a white sink? If my sink was stainless steel (which it isn't) I would definitely opt for the ss for the faucet but....now rethinking my previous assumption that both would have to match.....????

thanks for any suggestions....
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
This is news to me,
that having the faucet match the sink is a "thing".
Clearly I have not been keeping up with kitchen trends;
even the kitchen trends of 20 years ago!

-rovingartisan
For years we had a white Moen kitchen faucet* with a stainless steel sink. It didn't seem especially odd to us. I don't think having the reverse would be terribly clashing. Everyone expects faucets to be metallic.

*(https://www.ajmadison.com/cgi-bin/ajmadison/7570W.html)
No. of Recommendations: 4
From google type “kitchen sink”.

Now touch the “images” link at the top of the page. You will get hundreds of pictures of kitchen sinks.

Many will be stainless sinks with stainless faucets. But you will also see stainless sinks with black faucets, with copper faucets, even with white faucets. You will see color sinks, Corian and otherwise with stainless faucets, with white, black, and other.

It’s the Roaring 20’s now. Do what you want.
No. of Recommendations: 4
...Clearly I have not been keeping up with kitchen trends...

I have been keeping up with kitchen trends, for the last 10 years anyway, and had never heard of white faucets. The most popular finishes have been chrome, brushed nickel, dark bronze, and black, regardless of countertop and sink colors.

For OP: what color are your cabinet door handles? What color are your appliances? If everything is white, any contrasting finish on the faucet will be fine; but if you have another color already in the room, it would be nice to match that.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Oh by the way: regarding holes in countertops, older kitchens often have too many (air gap, hot, faucet, cold, spray wand, soap dispenser, instant hot water,...)

Newer faucets are often single-hole, with hot, cold, faucet, wand, all in one, such as https://www.build.com/delta-9159-dst/s380199?uid=2794656&...
which I like a lot - very easy to use.

If you want to switch from a multiple-hole to a single-hole faucet, the usual solution is to add a cover plate to hide the unused holes, but according to Dr. Google it's possible to fill holes in Corian countertops, so if it were my countertop, I'd look into that. It certainly expands your options regarding what replacement faucets you can select.
No. of Recommendations: 2
I have a brushed nickel faucet in a kitchen with medium granite and a dark brown composite sink. I can't think of any reason to need/want the faucet to match the sink color.
jeffbrig: "I have a brushed nickel faucet in a kitchen with medium granite and a dark brown composite sink. I can't think of any reason to need/want the faucet to match the sink color."

Perhaps someone is OCD?

Regards, JAFO
OCD ? yep- lol
Thanks
After reading all your responses I see that matching both may not be necessary after all - for me and my , minor OCD-ness, it seemed the best way to go…. So glad to read all responses. Meanwhile awaiting replacement faucet wand only) from Moen.

Thx to all