Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
KITKAT...

In fairness....

Who isn't slave to ratings in that business? Do you think FOX or MSNBC isn't in it for ratings? C'mon each side knows to exploit the tribalism for its own benefit. I grant you that right now it's the Right using it for more terrible things - yes - but in the end, they all sell their soul for ratings.

Yes, many examples of anti-tax, anti-mask people 0- getting sick and dying.

But the flock isn no't buying it - why - because as someone said here for years, to very arrogant and gutless opposition - balkanization, and pushing peoples further into their corners will result in a tribalism. And yeah, if you tell a tribe to worship a picture of a an ox or a star- LITERALLY in human history - they have done so. Anti-Mask is now religious to these people - religious to where they won't even listen to their own priest - in this case Trump touting boosters. Religion can be fine - but look around, people don't question "religion" when they're told to blow themselves up. OR somehow, to make the cow "sacred" while frowning upon certain poor people or "castes" right outside their own temple. Or wanting to give life to all "God's Children" but not wanting to help pay for their pampers and day-care. This is now religious.

As someone who spent 15 years here predicting tribalism, and Sunni/Shia Croat/Serb style balkanization I'm hardly surprise by any of this and I continue to believe: This is nothing. One day it'll get worse. We'll seriously be here saying "remember 2021? Those were easy times compared to our politics now".

Appreciate the kind, thoughtful, response KitKat and I hope that once again you feel you've gotten the same in return
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.