No. of Recommendations: 0
KK, did you rent the trailer? If so, from where? I'm pondering the idea of renting one for a trip this summer, and of course I'd like to get a jumpstart off someone else's research. =8^)

No, but I would recommend renting one. My dad bought one in the early 80's for family trips. We got a lot of use out of it, and then another opportunity for trips came along, and the pop up fell into disuse. I missed it, and offered to fix it up in exchange for being able to use it, which Dad agreed to.

We did a weekend trip here in CO and that was great. Then we did a week long trip to Michigan, and that was not so great. The problem is, the older trailers used canvas for the tent material. That's just fine here, where things cool off in the evening and you actually start to appreciate a little insulation as the dawn rolls around. But, if you are in a place where it doesn't cool off at night, you really want to use something with the newer ripstop nylon tent material. It maximizes breezes much better.

- KK
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.