Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 13
Knorr3 wrote:

What company owns the Progresso brand? Progresso soup is infinitely better than Campbell's
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I believe Pillsbury has that distinction, however, if you're looking for a company to invest in, you better pick another. To the best of my knowledge, Pillsbury is still a privately held company.

Soups up!!

Bill
=====

Bill,

You are half right. It is a division of Pillsbury. Pillsbury is a division of General Mills as of just a couple of weeks ago. Before that Pillsbury was under a company that also owns Burger king among other brands called Diageo.

GIS - General Mills is an all around great, yet conservative company and has a terrific DRiP to boot. Of course, make sure GIS is right for you before acting on your own behalf. Value Line should give you a good snapshot of what GIS is all about.

As far as the DRiP is concerned, the plan allows for monthly investment around the 1st of the month. A range of $10-3,000 per investment, and has ACH at no additional cost available. The transfer agent is Wells Fargo. The only quirk I am not really totally happy about is that they only send statements out when they pay/reinvest dividends, regardless of any investment done interim of the dividend. However, it isn't near enough a big deal, as I have this one on autopilot (ACH) and if I am compelled to send in an additional investment to my ACH, at this point; I have enough older statements' stubs I can use. Besides, you don't have to have a stub to invest, just send a note with your investment indicating your acct #, SSN#, and the company name. That will take care of it.

Anyway now I am kind of off track, but I am very satisfied with GIS. That is all.

exilion
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.