Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi there,

I just incorporated. I basically am a contractor doing software consulting presently out of state from the state I am incorporated in. I have been doing a lot of research on what items I can expense from the corp. to myself - the sole employee in my s-corp. I haven't found a good CPA who is familiar with issues like per diem etc. I've done a bunch of research on this and other items and it seems there are some definite gray areas as far as how much you can claim and which method is applicable to my situation. Anyways, I'm looking for a good CPA who is familiar with these issues or preferably someone who is a CPA and tax attorney seems best in case I ever get audited. I have located one here in Michigan where I am presently who is both a CPA and tax attorney, although he doesn't seem all that familiar with these issues. I am incorporated in Arizona but don't really care where the CPA is based as long as he is proficient in this area. Any recommendations?

Thanks for any help,
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
Live Video Event Monday!
The GP team is hosting a live video event on Monday at 4 p.m. ET. Don't worry if you can't make it — we'll have a replay and a transcript. Click for more!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.