Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I just got around to looking at Coca Cola's(NYSE:KO) '98 Ann Rpt and was surprised to see the S-T Debt up over 66%. If this has already been discussed, please point me in the right direction of the discussion.

It appears to me that applying the new Cash/Debt Ratio to KO's #s would place KO outside of the RM parameters; and while the the new Flowie #s are still within the parameters, they're not as pristine as they were under the old Flowie.

Does this mean that all those bears have been right about KO all this time and that KO is no longer an appropriate RM for beginners wanting to get started on a RM portfolio??? Does anyone believe that KO's cash flow will not be able to service their S-T Debt? Would a sudden economic down turn place KO in "real trouble"? Is the new treatment of debt, in the above mentioned ratios, inappropriate in this instance?

I'd appreciate All Foolish thoughts and comments.

TIA.......Three

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.