Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 31
Like father-in-law, like son-in-law... according to Jared Kushner the Russian government's illegal actions to influence the 2016 election -- meddling that helped to elect Donald Trump -- was no big deal and their spending was inconsequential. But the investigation into how and what the Russians did was harmful.

Hhmmm... the Mueller Report said Russia "interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion."

But the advertising money spent by Russia was a minor element in a social media campaign that included hundred of accounts, which Facebook said were used to make 80,000 posts reaching as many as 126 million people.

80,000 posts.

126 million people.

Russians distributed propaganda masquerading as news to 126 million Facebook users that garnered 13 million shares, 15 million likes, and 1.3 million comments.

That's inconsequential?

Russians targeted black voters in key states with anti-Clinton messages and black voter turnout fell for the first time in 20 years.

That's inconsequential?

And like father-in-law who said "I have President Putin. He just said it's not Russia. I will say this: I don't see any reason why it would be," son-in-law Kushner said "Quite frankly, the whole thing's just a big distraction for the country."

Mueller's report also said Russia's effort to sway the election in Trump's favor included the use of military intelligence operatives who stole emails from Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign officials.

Bu-ut-ut-ut... her emails!

#You're_Being_Conned_By_Don_The_Con_And_His_New_Fixer_Barr

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.