Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

So Franklin Covey is back to rising today, and sinking me again. Its volitle. It will stay vollitile a little longer, maybe over the next few years. Maybe the holiday shopping is encouraging investors. Maybe the rumor that this company is back is spreading through the mills. Still no WallStreet opinion on the matter. Still volitile. By the end of yesterday it had fallen, but daily changes aren't what I'm looking for here.

I think I would not have pointed my red thumb down on this stock if I had FIRST read their annual report, scanned their numbers -- followed the little links on the stock's page-- and THEN considered what other CAPS players were saying. Then I would have fussed yesterday that it was down a little, but been very happy today. I think it will go up in the short term - over the next year, as people watch and become a little more confident all the time. Still anyone's gues if they can continue to reinvent and then market their new selves. Its still impossible to guess this company 5 and especially 10 years down the road when Franklin Planners are truely dead.

Even the CAPS tags says they are just office supplies -- not the seminars. Still just Franklin and no Covey. They have a lot of marketing to do.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.