No. of Recommendations: 0
Ok, after having our house listed for 6 months with no action, I am considering selling it land contract, and I have been receiving a ton of calls. I want to make sure that I am not screwing myself by doing this though.

My wife and I bought this house with FHA first time homebuyer $$. Now, with selling it land contract, we will still hold the deed to the house, and once it is paid off transfer it to the new buyers (land contract). I have read that FHA loans can be accelerated if they are sold to a person who "is an investor, or whose credit has not been approved in accordance with HUD requirements".

Am I screwed since I can't sell it? Or will we be OK since it is a land contract, and I will still own it until I am paid off? Meanwhile, I keep making the payments to the bank on the amount that I owe?

Will I gte in big trouble since I am going to have to have the payments sent to my new house, and trigger an address change? Or, will they not care since they will be getting their money?

PLEASE HELP!

Thanks
Print the post  

Announcements

Useful Resources
Our Home Center has all you need to make buying and owning a home a great experience. Get or refinance a mortgage and much more!
Buying/Selling a Home FAQ

Mortgage Professor
Offsite resource for mortgage questions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.