Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
last summer, I was on the 18th of a local course, it has a dip so I guess it's a little hard to see from the tee if someone is down there. I don't have trouble when I tee off, as I walk forward a little ways and get a view of the hole before I tee off. I walk, so I don't have a driving car, but I try to leave my pull cart on the fairway so it's visible to the tee area. A young guy hit into me, missed me by about 20 feet, maybe less. The ball was humming as it landed right by me, and would have inflicted a whole lot of damage. Definitely shook me up. He apologized profusely once he realized what he did, and I explained how he can double check from the tee area before hitting. So no harm, no foul, but pure luck that I didn't get walloped.

So I know what you mean, sure don't want to get smoked by a low velocity bullet that the golf ball is.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.