Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
Last time I checked this was still C v. E
Is it improper to promote the "C" position here?

Probably not. But I've noticed a shift in this board that does not favor 'C'. When I first visited about a year ago it seemed to me to be tame, and had mostly typical arguments. Then NOVA aired the documentary on the Kitzmiller trial, and everything here changed (and it may actually be my fault since I think I'm the one that linked the PBS website and brought the program to everyone's attention). Suddenly science was the language of this board. "C" is at a very decided disadvantage when science enters the picture. Now if you want to promote "C" you need data (it didn't seem to me to be the case a year ago). Not your fault, Bryan, but you have no data. Because there IS no data to support "C".

The Biblical story of Creation is obviously erroneous. From start to finish. We have data. I know you have a looser interpretation of the story, which is probably why you don't get slapped as hard as Paul does (who seems to be a literalist, and therefore has NOTHING to stand upon but vapors). But you're still going to get slapped when you introduce pseudo-scientific tripe like "specified complexity". Gus fleshed that out very nicely, from what I can see (disclaimer: as you know, I'm not a geneticist). Just as you would slap me if I made some "Biblical" assertion that wasn't in the Bible (i.e. set up a strawman).

Somehow I doubt this board is representative of the masses, but if it were this might also indicate that fundamentalism and dogmatism are on their way out. As you probably can surmise, that's fine with me.

1poorguy
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.