Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Last year:
India is heading for third consecutive record wheat harvest with marketing year (MY) 2019/20 (April/March) production forecast at 100 million metric tons (MMT). After two consecutive record harvests, MY 2019/20 rice production is forecast at 112 MMT, still the fourth highest crop on record. Indian wheat remains uncompetitive in the international market, with MY 2019/20 wheat exports forecast at just 550,000 MT. However, India will remain the leading supplier of rice in the international market with MY 2019/20 exports forecast at 12 MMT, unchanged from the previous year. MY 2019/20 coarse grain production is forecast to recover to 44.9 MMT, but corn imports are forecast to increase to 1.0 MMT on growing feed demand.

This year:
www.fas.usda.gov/data/india-grain-and-feed-update-21
On May 15, 2020, the Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers Welfare (MoAFW) raised the third advance estimates of production of grains for the Indian crop year (ICY) 2019/20 (July-June) to a record 295.7 million metric tons (MMT), with estimated record rice, wheat and corn production. MY 2020/21 wheat production was raised higher to a record 107.2 MMT on reports of higher-than-expected yields, and ending stocks were raised to a record 31.2 MMT. MY 2019/20 corn production was raised higher to a record 28.9 MMT, consumption lowered to 28 MMT, and ending stocks were increased to 2.15 MMT. No reported significant change in rice production, supply and distribution (PSD) estimates.

DB2
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.