Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By OtterPater

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 9/25/18 11:46 AM
  • Number: 1960
  • Recommendations: 0
BigOil:

You learned well. By the way, I meant to say "Golf", not "Gold".

My wife tells me that she thinks I have adjusted to retirement better than anyone she knows. Part of that, I believe, is that we stay
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/10/18 9:55 AM
  • Number: 1958
  • Recommendations: 1
Norm:

Well said. One statistic that I paid attention to was the life expectancy of a career IBM employee in the 1980's. IBM was the first large corporation to move into the Research Triangle Park, and at it's zenith, it employed
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/18 9:41 PM
  • Number: 1951
  • Recommendations: 13
There are a lot of folks planning for retirement. Thatís good, but the financial side of it is just part of the equation. Having 5 years of retirement under my belt, I have some thoughts on what does/does not make a good retirement. These are
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/24/18 9:20 PM
  • Number: 1950
  • Recommendations: 1
Norm:

Read your post with great interest. I practiced real estate law for my career (45 years), and at times, had to represent various Boards of condominiums or property ownerís associations. I served on several boards in addition, and as
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/12/18 12:41 PM
  • Number: 1943
  • Recommendations: 4
I commend you on your planning. I have done a seminar on estate planning, and am really shocked at how little people think about practical things.

One of the most needed in the toolkit is a DNR statement, Living Will and a Health Power of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/23/17 6:46 PM
  • Number: 1933
Iím with you on this. They posit a choice of questions, many of which are not germane to me or my life experiences. Iíve gone to use some standard responses which I can remember without having to look them up or use software.

I also check
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/23/17 6:40 PM
  • Number: 1932
I am impressed that you remember your grandmotherís address. Not an option for me, because I was not close to my grandmother (she lived on the west coast and I lived on the east coast at a time when traveling across the country was
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/28/17 9:16 PM
  • Number: 1931
  • Recommendations: 2
Norm:

TH@nk$!

Otterpater
  • Date: 8/1/17 8:15 PM
  • Number: 1911
Norm:

Don't forget the ability to make charitable donations out of your IRA which qualify as an RMD but you don't report it as income. It's a nice arrow to use in your quiver. I'd rather not have income which bears on other
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/1/17 8:07 PM
  • Number: 1910
  • Recommendations: 5
Norm:

Well done. I, like you, have enjoyed the benefits of a robust equity market. I retired 3 years ago, with little concern of money running out. Now, 3 years later, I have increased my net worth by close to $500,000 due to investing. No,
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z