Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By jackcrow

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/10/11 11:07 PM
  • Number: 337831
  • Recommendations: 0

Sassy,

Stop by the beginners board and ask away. There are a few of us who check there frequently. Good conversations arise that help all of us explore

(Continued...)

• Date: 12/15/10 12:20 PM
  • Number: 307128

"You got your bond portfolio in my software!"

"No, you got your software in my bond portfolio?"

The strength of MSFT may very well be
(Continued...)

• Date: 12/2/10 11:31 PM
  • Number: 303527

Doesn't TMF sell CAPS as insight into the market because 'real' stock pickers are giving their feedback for the whole community to use?

If it is a game, CAPS stars are a hoax. If it is not a game then CAPS
(Continued...)

• Date: 12/2/10 4:21 PM
  • Number: 303405

We have all the inputs we need now all we need to do is run them through a Xstage model. I'm going to run the numbers through a two stage model, 5 years of estimated growth, 5 years where estimated declines to terminal growth, then
(Continued...)

• Date: 12/1/10 9:01 PM
  • Number: 303160

So far for UPS we have looked at a couple ways of looking at Free Cash Flow and looked at ways to reasonably estimate growth. The last piece of a discounted cash flow IV is to figure out a reasonable discount.

(Continued...)

• Date: 11/24/10 12:21 PM
  • Number: 301454

Now that we have some working FCF numbers to work with we need to figure out what a reasonable growth rate would be for UPS.

The analyst consensus is 12.8% growth for the next 5 years.

Do
(Continued...)

• Date: 11/23/10 1:30 PM
  • Number: 301203

Last post we looked at calculating Free Cash Flow to Firm using the Statement of earnings for EBIT, the Balance sheet for changes in debt and Working Capital and finally the Cash flow sheet for CapEx and Depreciation.

(Continued...)

• Date: 11/22/10 11:10 PM
  • Number: 301105

Just for fun  I thought we could run through how to calculate Free Cash Flow to Firm  for one of the companies on my list of potentially undervalued stocks.

UPS is a pretty straight forward
(Continued...)

• Date: 11/11/10 7:29 PM
  • Number: 299288

FWIW in the past I have used CAPS as place to experiment trading ideas/methods I would probably never actually employ. I was not trying to win some game or beat some CAPS bench mark. What I have done in the past is isolate an
(Continued...)

• Date: 3/11/09 8:50 AM
  • Number: 116889
There is a great Bond board if anyone would like to discuss their ideas or lean different ways of researching bonds and different bond strategies. New blood is always welcome
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z