Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By XTMFJordan

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 5/23/07 3:54 PM
  • Number: 7833
  • Recommendations: 0

In his seminal work, "Common Stocks, Uncommon Profits", Philip A. Fisher (father of Ken Fisher of (Continued...)

• Date: 5/17/07 7:06 PM
  • Number: 7632

So, you are probably asking yourself what possible relationship exists between the Ben Graham, the father of value investing, and the author of the seminal investing tome, (Continued...)

• Date: 5/10/07 4:55 PM
  • Number: 7298

Well, just came back from a trip to LA where I attended Whitney Tilson's Value Investing Congress
(Continued...)

• Date: 9/3/09 7:22 PM
  • Number: 550
Hi Susan -

I agree with getting as high a level as you can. Probably will. But since one of my accounts is tax deferred, I will be limited in what level I can get there. I wanted to understand what my trade limitations will be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/3/09 7:18 PM
  • Number: 280
And if you are in a tax deferred account (as I am here), then pocketing the money makes a lot of sense. You can always go back and buy DIS shares as you want.

My covered call sale is for January. If we expire out of the money then and with
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/3/09 1:56 AM
  • Number: 269
Hi Tim -

You are most welcome. Definitely my pleasure.

Yes, I wish I had some leaps in MVL. BUt I was unsure how long it would take for the thesis to play out here.

Yours,

Jordan
  • Date: 9/3/09 1:54 AM
  • Number: 511
Hi Susan -

Unfortunately, Schwab uses a 0 to 3 scale, so it is difficult to map what they offer against what will be needed by us here in the future.

Yours,

Jordan
  • Date: 9/2/09 3:10 PM
  • Number: 475
Hi Nick -

Thanks for the response. Greatly appreciate it.

I have done some covered call writing in the past and currently have Level 1 in both my Taxed and Tax Deferred accounts.

Do you think we will need higher levels for
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/09 11:00 PM
  • Number: 255
So, we all know that MVL is selling to DIS at $50.00 a share. Since I think it is unlikely the deal will fall through or that the price will increase, I decided to see if there was a way to wring some more income here.

I have 400 shares of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/1/09 10:55 PM
  • Number: 254
Hi All -

Yesterday, I opened a covered long position in MCD (McDonalds).

I had previously been a shareholder, but sold when it was in the mid-60s, because I felt it was getting a little ahead of itself.

I purchased 100 @
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z