Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By stefaith

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 11/5/18 4:16 PM
  • Number: 4999
  • Recommendations: 1
I'm working hard to understand banks better, but boy are they boring! :-)

BOFI has hardly been boring; it's been more like a roller coaster! at present it seems to be at a low point in the ride.

Long term I believe
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/31/18 9:04 AM
  • Number: 4995
For once my timing seems to be right. I actually bought a few shares, but sold them at a small profit and then bought April 2018 $35 calls. Meanwhile AX is still very cheap. My comparison with a group of small banks values it at 33 to 37, 33 based
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/28/18 4:30 AM
  • Number: 4994
For those of us who have faith in BOFI (I hate/d the name change) and are looking for more instant gratification, now seems like an excellent time to jump in. On Friday although the market was still in panic mode , AX actually seemed to hit bottom
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/19/18 6:43 AM
  • Number: 4975
There seems to be a general belief that high or rising interest rates are bad for banks. In fact banks make their profits primarily by borrowing money at R-a and lending at R+b, where R is the current interest rate, and a and b are constants. It is
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/1/18 3:00 PM
  • Number: 4961
  • Recommendations: 0
Changing the symbol from BOFI to AX is a pain; caused lots of problems and I wish they hadn't done it. I had some outstanding orders in my Schwab account which were cancelled. I checked, and they have no intention to automatically replace them.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/26/18 2:54 PM
  • Number: 4952
Just bought yet more Apr 2019 calls.
  • Date: 9/24/18 5:53 PM
  • Number: 4946
This is good news, albeit expected; so why did the stock drop yet again? Either I'm crazy or the market is nuts, which is it?
  • Date: 9/20/18 4:08 PM
  • Number: 4943
I have decided to add to my current holding...

I would like to add also, but am already overweight. However I'm buying calls, mainly jan 2020 and some Apr 2019, because I think the market has marked BOFI down because of a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/14/18 6:43 AM
  • Number: 4926
Schwab has lost my BOFI shares; they have been renamed and given a temporary symbol which shows on the Schwab site but not on their trading program, which wouldn't let me place a sell order.

It's all sorted out now.
  • Date: 9/13/18 5:30 PM
  • Number: 4923
Your broker should handle this seamlessly over that weekend.

Don't count on it!

Schwab has lost my BOFI shares; they have been renamed and given a temporary symbol which shows on the Schwab site but not on their trading
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z