Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By XMFRedwood

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 8/23/10 12:45 PM
  • Number: 281629
  • Recommendations: 0

ETFsRule - Very nice chart!  You've also hit upon the crux of the issue in your post- gold still buys the same amount of "stuff" (smoothed out over time) because the quantity of gold is relatively fixed (only 1-2% annual growth).
(Continued...)

• Date: 8/20/10 4:30 PM
  • Number: 281146

Demand is very strong and supply is limited.  There is a lot of room for demand to get stronger, pushing the price up.  

Demand is coming from both investors and non-G7 central banks.  Saudis, Russia, India,
(Continued...)

• Date: 8/20/10 2:25 PM
  • Number: 281093

Have you seen this video that mocks gold owners?  It shows how it's easy to twist reality 180 degrees and make it funny at the same time.  Congratulations
(Continued...)

• Date: 8/18/10 10:23 AM
  • Number: 280376

A friend of mine teaches at a very well known university and told me something shocking last night.  This person has taught there for five years and has more than a decade of teaching experience.  It turns out his department is hiring a
(Continued...)

• Date: 8/17/10 3:02 PM
  • Number: 280172

chk999 - Most very long time periods experience inflation, hence artwork should do well. Today's monetary system is also specifically designed to create inflation, creating even more reason to own tangible goods. 

• Date: 8/17/10 2:55 PM
  • Number: 280169

Hi leohass -  I know it has been telegraphed, but a separate decision was made to rev the tax machine up again.  It's a two-step process: first step is Fed gets proceeds... it can stop there. But it took the second step of
(Continued...)

• Date: 8/17/10 2:15 PM
  • Number: 280152

This news that the electronic printing press has been dusted off and is starting to hum should bring a queasy
(Continued...)

• Date: 8/17/10 8:55 AM
  • Number: 280045

According to the article, there is a bill working it's way through Congress, but calling your congressman or senator would help.  

• Date: 8/13/10 10:45 AM
  • Number: 279243

Did you know that the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office is entirely self funded?  See this  (Continued...)

• Date: 8/13/10 8:47 AM
  • Number: 279208

Great comments, thanks!  

Quiron, I wish I had some numbers, but I don't - it's just an idea at this point.    

Slider08, thanks for the feedback.  It's an issue I've been wrestling with for a while.
(Continued...)

Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z