Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By ScottConroy

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/1/09 1:24 PM
  • Number: 95514
  • Recommendations: 0
I like the responsiveness of the AJAX, but one thing to keep in mind is that the URLs should still be updated as a user navigates around the page.  This enables, among other things, direct links to specific areas.  For example, I should be able to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/6/12 8:45 AM
  • Number: 162
  • Recommendations: 4
Sold my shares to raise cash for other investments that I *thought* had more upside potential. I was wrong, but hindsight is what it is...

Regarding advantages and disadvantages: Tibco makes an argument that it is a Switzerland of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/4/12 8:55 AM
  • Number: 160
  • Recommendations: 4
(That's Reddit.com speak for "I am a" and "Ask me anything")

I'm a long-time user of several of Tibco's products - as a customer and as a consultant for other customers. I don't currently
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/22/12 5:32 PM
  • Number: 1339
  • Recommendations: 2
I'm considering selling a $22.50/$20.00 August put spread, which currently pays about $1.10. Breakeven is thus $21.40, slightly above the current Buy Under price, but it seems that this represents some fast money - or rather *could* represent some
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/18/12 8:03 PM
  • Number: 26
Anyone have recommendations for books on the world of commodity investing (whether directly or via companies that depend heavily on particular commodities)? I'm on board in thinking that natural gas seems like a great long term play, but I'd really
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/28/12 10:12 AM
  • Number: 1243
Considering both June and September. Thoughts on this strategy? Premium is pretty high so it seems like it should be workable.

~Scott
  • Date: 9/23/11 6:38 PM
  • Number: 276
In addition to owning PEB, I also own SHO. Anyone have thoughts on how the companies are similar or different? I'm a bit wary of being over-weight in the hotel market, but SHO has been very good to me in the past. And unlike PEB, there is enough
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/19/11 3:13 PM
  • Number: 104
Does the team now think that TTMI is worth less than the original $18-20 estimate? I understand the desire to get some return via premiums by selling calls, but why lock in the losses by selling at @13.15 if you think the shares are worth 50% more
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/1/11 1:48 PM
  • Number: 63
While I realize that I should consult my tax accountant, can someone advise on whether it makes sense to hold a REIT in a tax-advantaged account? For some reason, I thought REITs were an exception to IRAs in that the dividends were still taxed. I
(Continued...)
  • Date: 2/24/11 4:59 PM
  • Number: 16
RP,

I find your posts quite valuation. I jump right to them after a new recommendation is made. I particularly like your valuation and the associated margin of safety information.

A quick question: now that you've been doing
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z