Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By Klingsor4

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/4/07 9:40 AM
  • Number: 8237
  • Recommendations: 0

Hi Jared,

That's the point... we're going to put this proposition to the test. Take a look at how well the portfolio has done so far, both in terms of accuracy AND the overall score. Moreover, when the market takes a haircut sometime in the
(Continued...)

• Date: 6/4/07 1:22 AM
  • Number: 8230

The purpose of this portfolio is to determine whether 250 well-chosen stocks -- long and short -- will at some point in time over the next 365 days (after it was picked) outperform the S&P 500 index by more than five percentage points. The goal
(Continued...)

• Date: 4/27/07 2:16 PM
  • Number: 6785

I do something similar, but I'm testing a different hypothesis... if I lock in all 5+ gains then over year-long period I should eventually get to a point where I have a 75% accuracy rating and, most importantly, most of that accuracy rating will
(Continued...)

• Date: 10/24/07 9:27 AM
  • Number: 70
  • Recommendations: 6
<My biggest one is why would you want to short the S&P 500? I mean if it keeps going up, they're going to lose about 11% historically over the long run. Why would I want to set myself up for failure and make it that much harder to beat the
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/24/07 12:29 AM
  • Number: 56
  • Recommendations: 7
dasquid,

<I have to admit to sticker shock at first, but since I joined SA in Aug '07 the profit from the NFLX recommendation more than paid for my first year, so what the heck>

That's a HORRIBLE way to rationalize a new
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/24/07 12:23 AM
  • Number: 55
  • Recommendations: 27
This has been a fruitful discussion for the most part. I find it surprising some people thought that they'd be getting the picks before other newsletters -- I certainly never thought that.

Still, my main concern here remains the price
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/23/07 1:23 PM
  • Number: 3
  • Recommendations: 38
I'm just kicking the tires on this new service. Seems like a nice idea, but I fail to see why it wouldn't be open to everyone -- why just a select group? After all, this is nothing more than a "newsletter of newsletters" -- like a fund of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/21/07 12:58 PM
  • Number: 127
  • Recommendations: 4
One thing I forgot to add, if someone wants to invest into PRS, depending on your risk profile, I would structure the investment as such:

75% into PRD
25% into PRS

That way, most of your investment is strongly protected on
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/21/07 12:56 PM
  • Number: 126
  • Recommendations: 6
I think your analysis is largely correct. The risks to the scenario you've outlined are:

- A drop in PRS ratings which would make the original 7% coupon $25 issue price bond overpriced and permanently drop the price of the bond below $25.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/8/07 5:25 PM
  • Number: 116
Thanks Bill, this is what I was hoping to hear.
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z