Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By needausername

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 1/18/10 11:11 PM
  • Number: 38747
  • Recommendations: 0
I don't think this argument (wrong word) could actually be won due to the statistics being far too muddy.

If somebody had the time, energy and will to back-test something like this, focusing on, say, historical M&A activity
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/18/10 4:00 PM
  • Number: 38744
It's not worth it.

Any math to back that up?

I think it depends on how well somebody can recognize potential buy-out candidates.

Even if it takes a once-a-month bet over a few years for it to occur for one
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/18/10 3:46 PM
  • Number: 30956
  • Recommendations: 4
What's in a cigarette? FDA to study ingredients

RICHMOND, Va. (AP) -- The Food and Drug Administration is working to lift the smokescreen clouding the ingredients used in cigarettes and other tobacco products. In June, tobacco companies

(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/16/10 12:33 AM
  • Number: 317300
  • Recommendations: 18
Buying great companies that pay regular dividends, especially when the company is reasonably priced, sounds like the way to go. Ten months ago you could have bought GE at $7 and received a 6% dividend to boot. IMO, that truly was a no-brainer
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/15/10 11:53 PM
  • Number: 373
They too often run off on tangents, like the yogurt stand/franchise deal and the "food bars". Their sales/profit assumptions about those items are laughable (I know quite a bit about both businesses). We aren't hearing as much about
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/15/10 11:28 PM
  • Number: 38734
  • Recommendations: 1
Underlying: BARE
Symbol: URYAC

$15 Jan 10

Last: 3.00
Change: +2.99
(Got as high as 3.30, IIRC)

Nothing quite like a 330-bagger in 24 hours, thanks to a buy-out with a nice premium on the last day before
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/13/10 12:12 AM
  • Number: 371
LOTB,

I have looked at many companies through the years (and unfortunately owned one or two) where the insiders not only own most of the stock, they think they are the only stockholders that matter.

Certainly a
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/9/10 12:20 AM
  • Number: 368
She owns 45% of the company.

Throughout my years of small- and nano-cap travels, I've yet to come across just one person who owns that much, percentage-wise.

A group of insiders, or a family, or an insider-owned entity, sure,
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/31/09 1:21 AM
  • Number: 38599
  • Recommendations: 1
If we are to set a value on something aside from its current market price *at this moment*, we will need to make assumptions about how future buyers will value the asset, there's no way around that. So deciding on a valuation method can be
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/31/09 1:07 AM
  • Number: 38598
  • Recommendations: 6
Just a few quick things that I've (re-)learned in 2009 to potentially help one become a better trader/investor in 2010 and beyond. Some may seem a little basic, but it can always be good to brush-up....

- Expand your stock
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z