Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By PAW4life

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 10/1/08 12:58 AM
  • Number: 33402
  • Recommendations: 1
Looks like SEC just decided to give banks more leeway on mark-to-market.

"U.S. securities regulators on Tuesday gave the financial industry a reprieve from marking hard-to-value assets down to fire sale prices, throwing a lifeline to
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/30/08 2:02 PM
  • Number: 33381
  • Recommendations: 0
What exactly are these "assets" that are being forced to sell at fire sale prices, and how can we get our hands on it?

Based on BMW methods, prices of these "fire sale assets" will revert to the mean, no?

What's
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/5/07 6:29 PM
  • Number: 2356
  • Recommendations: 5
So many times I read about successful investment that goes like this:
Investor find stock x, do his due deligence, likes what he sees, and bought the stock. Stock goes down. Goes down some more. Investor started to wonder. Checks and rechecks
(Continued...)
  • Date: 9/24/07 1:51 PM
  • Number: 2
Good analysis of the company.
The price we are at right now, is cheapest in the last 2+ years. I'm tempted to initiate a position.

However, I can't get over the fact the CEO who's been at the helm for 11 years only owns very few
(Continued...)
  • Date: 8/6/07 12:57 PM
  • Number: 26251
  • Recommendations: 7
Ben Stein wrote an article that was published on Yahoo Finance recently.
I thought it was spot on and once again I'm reminded how the BMW method provides an anchor to which we should view these "extreme and unexpected price
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/31/07 4:58 PM
  • Number: 8972
For me, one of the many things that convinced me to buy JNJ was this:
That in only 5 years, the dividend alone will match the current highest money market yields. And it will double every roughly 5 years.
If I DRIP, it will juice up my
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/11/07 12:50 PM
  • Number: 1911
Found this on Yahoo News:
Is this sound similar to AI-850 ?
---------------------
Tiny bubbles injected in mice delivered potent cancer drugs to tumors without harming surrounding tissue, a U.S. researcher said on Tuesday, in a finding that
(Continued...)
  • Date: 1/9/07 2:54 PM
  • Number: 97522
  • Recommendations: 16
A mechanic was removing a cylinder-head from the motor of a Harley motorcycle when he spotted a well-known cardiologist in his shop. The cardiologist was there waiting for the service manager to come take a look at his bike when the mechanic shouted
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/4/06 3:27 PM
  • Number: 1403
You should, you know... eat more chocolate... :)
  • Date: 11/30/06 11:45 AM
  • Number: 1160
  • Recommendations: 0
Anyone who wants to read this book can borrow it from their library. I did . It was not available locally, but I did interlibrary loan. Personally, if I have a copy I would sell it at current market price (>$900).
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z