Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By XMFRaleigh

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 6/5/20 1:47 PM
  • Number: 46
  • Recommendations: 1
As Joe notes, Coinbase is probably the best US site for a beginner to start trading bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies. But once you get your feet wet, look to Coinbase Pro, a sister site to Coinbase and which uses your same login credentials.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/4/20 12:07 PM
  • Number: 14516
  • Recommendations: 15
I would like to reiterate what Jim is saying about the risks of overextending yourself in selling puts and how it can blow up your portfolio, and provide an example. Unfortunately that example is my own.

To provide background Iím 64 and
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/10/20 6:59 AM
  • Number: 1084
  • Recommendations: 2
To put it into perspective if I look at some of my largest winners, many of my initial purchases or significant adds to those positions came back in 2009, right after the darkest days of the last big crash that many of us
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/26/19 4:09 PM
  • Number: 226
Just wanted to offer my two cents. I'm not in Blast Off, but I've been in many Fool services since I joined the Fool in 2003. I've seen many types of markets, up and down, including some very nasty markets, and the last few months have
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/20/19 1:55 PM
  • Number: 208
  • Recommendations: 4
NRZ, you mention SHOP. I'd never even heard of the company when Tom Gardner recommended it for the Everlasting Portfolio a few years ago. I bought it a number of times, especially on pullbacks. It quickly became my largest stock holding, now
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/20/19 9:47 AM
  • Number: 206
  • Recommendations: 2
You reference APPN and OKTA, which have been recommended by a number of Fool portfolios and services over the last few years. I've bought them numerous times on pullbacks, and looking at my portfolio this morning I see I have gains in them of
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/12/19 4:48 PM
  • Number: 869
  • Recommendations: 3
What is important is time IN the market. All of the blast off stocks are likely to be volatile, down big at times, and up big at other times. I look at your list and smile, as they are all great companies, four of which I've held for a while.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/23/19 12:10 PM
  • Number: 255
Let us know the mutual funds you go to where the stocks in those funds don't go down as well. We'll certainly follow you if you can find them.

Best,
Guy
  • Date: 10/21/19 3:49 PM
  • Number: 700
In the past when these issues have come up, and Fool folks wanted to put down their true, limited, investment experience, most brokers have approved them when they told the brokers something to the effect that they were seeking the requested trading
(Continued...)
  • Date: 10/21/19 3:34 PM
  • Number: 144
The problem with tax loss selling is you often end up selling stocks right before a big run-up, or you say you're going to buy back in, and never do, and the stock has the run you eventually expected, and you missed it. Nevertheless,I have to
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z