Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By TAllan

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 7/14/19 2:43 PM
  • Number: 1986
  • Recommendations: 10
newbieinvestor

There is no house money. That is your money.
That house money concept is a dangerous way to rationalize risk taking behaviors.

As you are new, you will have to find the style of investing that fits you - how
(Continued...)
  • Date: 7/14/19 2:26 PM
  • Number: 1707
  • Recommendations: 0
Charles

I would forget the impending lull or crash thoughts and just look forward.
Always good to be wary of a crash, but any company can crash and rise. See Rob's post. And you can't time the market or when to buy a company.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/23/19 11:18 AM
  • Number: 1933
reloader

I am in a similar situation with defined benefit pensions coming in 6 years, some savings in a 403(B) in index funds. I have a mortgage that we will pay off upon retirement, and we just took on a car loan. We have our stock
(Continued...)
  • Date: 6/22/19 10:58 AM
  • Number: 1931
  • Recommendations: 11
What a great problem to have, isn't it? A company you chose has grown so much faster than any other that you chose. And now it is almost one quarter of your portfolio. But that makes you nervous. Antsy. Worried. In this thread, its SHOP.
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/19 1:41 PM
  • Number: 1961
I don't know how to time the market.
And I am not sure many do.

But you have to be comfortable with your money and sleep at night.
So, if you are worried about recession or market slow down, then sell some or all your stocks
(Continued...)
  • Date: 5/25/19 1:29 PM
  • Number: 1960
jazzmaven

Welcome to RB. You said "CRM keeps getting away from me."
That is one of the conundrums here at RB. Remember, RB picks are almost always seemingly overvalued and Wall Street says so.

So, if you think
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/20/19 9:44 AM
  • Number: 2933
  • Recommendations: 3
David G. and his Fools have oft heard that complaint about not getting in early enough and not worrying enough about valuation.

Knowing when to get into a new, growing business is the hardest part of buying growth stocks, and in particular
(Continued...)
  • Date: 4/20/19 9:16 AM
  • Number: 1533
I wouldn't. DG has been buying stocks since birth and rarely sells.
In order to start your foray into RB stocks, consider the BBN list, the RE-RECCOMMENDED stocks, and buy companies over time that you want to own and follow.

T
  • Date: 3/31/19 1:19 PM
  • Number: 1692
  • Recommendations: 2
Minimizing trading costs is great. But I think this is not a financial question. This is a psychological question.

What is $5 worth? For $5, $10, or $20 a month, I don't think anyone that can invest $400 should worry about trading
(Continued...)
  • Date: 3/29/19 5:32 PM
  • Number: 1098
On EXEL, I have held from the lowest low to the highest high and don't really know if there are going to be dramatic increases from here. It may be time to move on.

I don't know if the questions you ask are the right ones when you
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z