Skip to main content
Show Latest Posts:

The 10 Most Recent Messages By VTDave

Take me back to where I was.
  • Date: 11/30/20 7:40 PM
  • Number: 73884
  • Recommendations: 36
TexasTitan,

It's a good question. But let's also remember there is likely another quarter or two of explosive growth before we get to that point. I don't really have any definitive answers, but here's my view after listening
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/9/20 10:51 AM
  • Number: 73344
  • Recommendations: 4
...and sure enough both ZM and PTON getting hammered just as hard today. Both down around 16% as I write due to vaccine results, regardless of SaaS / non-SaaS model. Just sayin'...

FWIW, I added a little to both positions, but I'm
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/8/20 1:55 PM
  • Number: 73317
  • Recommendations: 7
Good discussion, Bear.

What do you think revenue will be for the fiscal year that spans July 2021 through June 2022? None of us can offer a very good guess, I don't think. That was the entire point of my first post. Since we
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/7/20 11:19 PM
  • Number: 73304
  • Recommendations: 17
Hi Bear,

Like you, I would generally prefer a true SaaS business over a non-SaaS business (or a business only partially based on recurring revenue like PTON). I do understand that a SaaS model naturally should lead to higher valuations than
(Continued...)
  • Date: 12/5/17 11:02 PM
  • Number: 34645
  • Recommendations: 1
Maybe Left is getting his short ideas from this forum

I would not be at all surprised if he were a TMF subscriber. He's attacked numerous picks, especially from Rule Breakers.

-Dave.
  • Date: 12/2/17 8:40 PM
  • Number: 40280
You beat me to the punch, NailThatJello. +1.

-Dave.
  • Date: 11/30/17 11:08 PM
  • Number: 1118
  • Recommendations: 4
You may be right, foodles.

According to the National Retail Foundation: "The holiday season, defined by NRF as sales in the months of November and December, is the biggest time of year for retailers of all shapes and sizes, and can
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/30/17 8:38 AM
  • Number: 1115
  • Recommendations: 2
Hi ibuildthings,

For me to be either giddy or scared, I would need to overlay the "big fish" sales and their SHOP costs versus the "little fish" and their SHOP costs.

Exactly. And we just don't have
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/29/17 7:01 PM
  • Number: 1111
Maybe, Huibs, but we can still play with some numbers...

Let's say I opened a shop at $29/mo. That's $348 of annual profit required to offset that expense. Let's also say that a typical web business like these has a net margin
(Continued...)
  • Date: 11/28/17 11:10 PM
  • Number: 1107
  • Recommendations: 3
Hi Foodles,

I think we should all be very interested in how many merchants they have. According tho their most recent 6-K filing, 48% of their revenue as well as the majority of their cash flow comes from subscription
(Continued...)
Show Latest Posts:
Total = 10

Take me back to where I was.
Stock Folders: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z